Contact transfer from your old iPhone to your new Android
- Transferring your contacts from your old iPhone to your new Android device is quite simple.
- By linking contacts to your Gmail address, you have all your contacts available everywhere and always, even if your phone, and thus your simcard, is stolen.
- You will need a Google account (Gmail address) for this.
- Linking your contacts is not always done automatically, so follow these steps on how to add them manually.
- To transfer the contacts of your simcard as well, these must be imported first.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Import SIM Contacts. The contacts will now be transferred to the internal memory of the iPhone.
- To transfer the contacts to your Google account, select Add Account, Other and then select Add CardDAV Account under the heading CONTACTS.
- Under Server, enter google.com.
- Now enter your e-mail address and password.
- Enter a description, for example, Google, and select Next.
- Select Save.
- All contacts will now be synchronised with your account.
- When this is completed, you have successfully linked your contacts to your Gmail address.
- To transfer contacts to your new Android, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on this device.
- Select Add Account > Google.
- Now enter your e-mail address and password and choose Sign in.
- Follow the next steps until you are back in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu.
- Select the account you just set.
- Make sure the contact synchronisation option is enabled.
- All contacts are now available on your new device.
- Optional: further adjust the items list to include the ones you wish to synchronise and the ones you wish to exclude.