C6603 Xperia Z
How to do a factory reset
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Sony Xperia Z is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Sony Xperia Z may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Sony Xperia Z. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Sony Xperia Z to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: Tick Back up my data.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: Tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- Choose Erase everything.
- All saved data and settings on the Sony Xperia Z will be deleted.
- The Sony Xperia Z will reset and reboot.
- The Sony Xperia Z has been reset.