Galaxy J5 (2016)
Create a backup of your data
- These instructions show you how to save your personal data like photos, music and files to your Google account. This enables you to restore your data after switching phones or resetting your device to factory settings.
- To retrieve your data and settings, simply login to your Google account on your new or reset device and your data and settings will be automatically restored.
- Make sure you have a Google account, and then choose Next to begin the backup.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Apps.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup and reset.
- Under Google account, choose Back up my data.
- Under Google account, choose Backup account.
- Choose the account you want to use to backup your data.
- If Automatic restore is disabled, enable Automatic restore.
- If Automatic restore is enabled, go to the next step.
- A backup of your personal data will now automatically be stored in your Google account.
- Return to the Start screen.
- You can now perform a factory reset without the risk of losing your personal data.
- Go to Reset device to factory settings for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
- After a factory reset your personal data will automatically be restored on your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016).