Soft reset (forced reboot)
- If your Nokia Lumia 520 doesn’t appear to be working completely as it should, you can solve this in many cases by turning your device off and then on again, or giving it a so-called ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- If you use this method of resetting, all your personal data, files and apps on the device will remain unchanged.
- Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- To reboot the Nokia Lumia 520, press and hold the power button and the volume down button on the side of the Nokia Lumia 520 until the screen turns off.
- The Nokia Lumia 520 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, enter the pincode.
- If this screen does not appear, skip the next step.
- The Nokia Lumia 520 has been rebooted.
- If the problem persists, try using a so-called ‘hard reset’ to solve the problem.
- With a hard reset, the device is reset to the factory settings.
- Note: In contrast to a soft reset, with the hard reset all your personal data, files and apps on the device will be lost.