How to do a factory reset
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Honor 5X is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Honor 5X may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Honor 5X. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Honor 5X to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Scroll to the right.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: enable Back up my data.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- All data and settings saved on the Honor 5X will be deleted.
- The Honor 5X will automatically reset and reboot.
- The Honor 5X has been reset.