How to do a factory reset
- When certain applications no longer function properly or if your Huawei Ascend P7 is very slow, you can reset the device to its factory settings. This will reset the telephone to the settings it had when you first turned it on.
- Please note: your Huawei Ascend P7 may request a security code, which, if necessary, can be found in the instructions of the Huawei Ascend P7. Make sure you have them at hand.
- If you purchased a used device and do not know the code, you should ask the previous owner for it.
- Please note: resetting the device will erase all data and settings on the device. If necessary, make a backup on your computer.
- Select Next for step-by-step instructions to reset the Huawei Ascend P7 to factory settings.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Scroll to the right.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: tick Back up my data.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- Choose an option, in this case Reset phone.
- All data and personal settings have been deleted from the Huawei Ascend P7.
- The Huawei Ascend P7 will automatically reset and reboot.
- The Huawei Ascend P7 has been reset.