Usage across the border
- When you are abroad, your Blackberry Torch automatically connects to a partner network. This is called roaming.
- Therefore, preferably keep network selection on your Blackberry Torch set to automatic mode.
- In Belgium your Blackberry Torch automatically chooses the Belgacom network. For more information about network coverage, click here.
- To manually select a different network, follow these step by step instructions.
- Start screen.
- Choose the menu key.
- Choose Manage Connections.
- Choose Mobile Network Options.
- Under Network Selection Mode, choose Manual.
- The Blackberry Torch is now searching for available networks.
- Choose the desired network.
- Click here for roaming partner networks abroad. These are mobile networks with which Proximus has negotiated reduced rates.
- The Blackberry Torch is now requesting access to the selected network.
- The Blackberry Torch now has access to the selected network.
- Choose OK.
- Return to the Start screen.
- You can now make phone calls and browse the internet via the chosen network.
- Click here for more information about available networks and rates abroad.