Soft reset (forced reboot)
- If your Apple iPhone X doesn’t appear to be working completely as it should, you can solve this in many cases by turning your device off and then on again, or giving it a so-called ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- If you use this method of resetting, all your personal data, files and apps on the device will remain unchanged.
- Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- If you cannot reboot the device the normal way, you can also force it. To do this, press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button, and finally press and hold the power button until the screen turns off.
- The Apple iPhone X will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, swipe your finger over the screen to unlock it.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The Apple iPhone X has been rebooted.
- If the problem persists, try using a so-called ‘hard reset’ to solve the problem.
- With a hard reset, the device is reset to the factory settings.
- Note: In contrast to a soft reset, with the hard reset all your personal data, files and apps on the device will be lost.