Soft reset (forced reboot)
- If your iPhone 6s doesn’t appear to be working completely as it should, you can solve this in many cases by turning your device off and then on again, or giving it a so-called ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- If you use this method of resetting, all your personal data, files and apps on the device will remain unchanged.
- Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- To reboot the iPhone 6s, press and hold the power button on the side and the home key until the screen turns off.
- The iPhone 6s will automatically reboot.
- To unlock the screen, drag the arrow symbol to the right.
- The iPhone 6s has been rebooted.
- If the problem persists, try using a so-called ‘hard reset’ to solve the problem.
- With a hard reset, the device is reset to the factory settings.
- Note: In contrast to a soft reset, with the hard reset all your personal data, files and apps on the device will be lost.