iPhone 6 - iOS 11
Soft reset (forced reboot)
- If your iPhone 6 doesn’t appear to be working completely as it should, you can solve this in many cases by turning your device off and then on again, or giving it a so-called ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- If you use this method of resetting, all your personal data, files and apps on the device will remain unchanged.
- Choose Next for step-by-step instructions.
- To reboot the iPhone 6, press and hold the power button and the volume down button on the side of the iPhone 6 until the screen turns off.
- The iPhone 6 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, press the home key.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The iPhone 6 has been rebooted.
- If the problem persists, try using a so-called ‘hard reset’ to solve the problem.
- With a hard reset, the device is reset to the factory settings.
- Note: In contrast to a soft reset, with the hard reset all your personal data, files and apps on the device will be lost.