- The iPhone 5c will be provisioned autimatically with the right settings upon first usage with the Proximus simcard. To request these settings again, connect your device to your PC and run iTunes to install the socalled ‘Carrier Settings’.
- For instructions how to configure your iPhone 5c manually, choose Next.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Enable Cellular Data if this option is not enabled.
- If Cellular Data is enabled, go to the next step.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Cellular Data Network.
- If Cellular Data Network is not available, manual configuration is not possible. In this case, connect the device to the computer, and use iTunes to install the ‘Carrier Settings’.
- Scroll down.
Edit the details for MMS as follows:
- Under APN, enter event.proximus.be.
- Under Username, enter mms.
- Under Password, enter mms.
- Under MMSC, enter http://mmsc.proximus.be/mms.
- Under MMS Proxy, enter 10.55.14.75:8080.
- Under MMS Max Message Size, enter 290000.
- The iPhone 5c has been configured for mms.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Start screen.
- Switch off the iPhone 5c and restart it in order to activate the settings.
- Note: Activation is completed by sending a first mms. Test the settings by sending an mms to your own phone number.
- If the mms was sent successfully, you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes.
- Check receipt of the mms in the messages inbox of the iPhone 5c.
- Want to know how to create and send mms messages on your iPhone 5c? See sending pictures for step-by-step instructions.