iPad Air - iOS 11
Create a backup of your data
- These instructions show you how to save your personal data like photos, music and files to your iCloud account. This enables you to restore your data after switching phones or resetting your device to factory settings.
- To retrieve your data and settings, simply login to your iCloud account on your new or reset device and your data and settings will be automatically restored.
- Make sure you have a iCloud account, and then choose Next to begin the backup.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Sign in to your iPad.
- Enter your login information.
- A backup of your personal data will now automatically be stored on your iCloud account.
- The Apple iPad Air is now configured for use of iCloud.
- Return to the Start screen.
- You can now perform a factory reset without the risk of losing your personal data.
- Go to Reset device to factory settings for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.
- After a factory reset your personal data will automatically be restored on your Apple iPad Air.